Saturday 23 January 2010

Instrument placement

The 310 only has room for three instruments on the hatch roof, and the default is that one of those places is occupied by the compass. This means that in order to get the instruments I want (wind, tridata, graphics x 2) I need to find a creative solution. I could go for mast instruments, but that means more wires through the mast, longer wire distances and more expensive instruments. Another way I could go, is to change where the compass is (move it down next to the engine controls), and get three instruments on the hatch roof, and then mount the autopilot control and additional st60+ graphics facing aft on the cockpit benches. I got the yard to go with the latter option.

Now if I could only find a good way to have a plotter accessible in the cockpit with equally good visibility from both tacks....

2 comments:

Frid said...

Hva med autopilot... Hva slags løsning og type er tenkt på det?

silverminken said...

SPX-10. Monsterpilot.

Kontrollen på aktersiden av ene benken.

Ekstra kontroll har jeg ikke sett på enda.